Wednesday 29 July 2015

Thesis initial proposal: The journey begins.

Following our exhibition and final-mid year reviews from the first semesters work, we have officially begun on the major thesis project as Unit2's M.tech_1 class. 

This week we presented our initial ideas for a thesis proposal with considerations of a site. 

We also received feedback from a guest presenter, Emmanuel Nkambule...

Initial Feedback

A few points of feedback from our first presentation of the proposals...
- I may have to further define the problem identified as an architectural one. 
- Fietas is quite a difficult site, especially in terms of accessing and documenting the social realities, I'm to consider exactly how I can best extract key findings to inform design
- With the above, one may also consider a clear time-frame to research and extract the findings from the site, and how it is I am to immerse myself in its day-to-day realities
- Although I think I'll find this along the process, I'm still to clearly state what the "product" is to be and who my "client" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment