Sunday 13 March 2016

Thoughts on writing and design

The act of blogging (or writing) can play an important part in the design process. 
I consider the blog post's not only as a means of publicizing and presenting my work, but also as a tool to harmonize, clarify,express  and synthesize my thoughts...(to myself and whoever reads).

Writing as an expressive tool is similar to making a sketch, or a model, in order to see (understand) an idea better. And the same way the sketch may not always be of a complete, or "fully resolved" design, it's role is hard to get rid of. For myself it tends to be the case with writing as well. 
Spatial Explorations in Fietas.. (2015 Thesis)
In the same way a visual representation, diagram or sketch is able to express what words cannot, these also fall short, and thoughts expressed in words become relevant. These tools, together with others, working together, have been quite a help in the process of design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment