Monday 17 August 2015

Updated proposal

Got to update and represent the thesis proposals. The overall approach, I would say, is being further articulated in my owon mind in terms of which direction I see the project going. 
Summary of thesis proposal and site: "Fietas". 

Where I see the possible intervention being.  Possible site is sits on 8th street, along a proposed "Corridors of Freedom" development and the Brixton Cemetery. The sites are gaps/open spaces left over after the 1970's forced removals.

Feedback from the presentation:

- Defining terms: With the idea of "SOCIETAL TRANSFORMATION THROUGH ARCHITECTURAL SPATIAL DESIGN", it may be good to represent what I mean by those terms. Spending time unpacking these may be very helpful. 
- Because my concept has much to do with people, it is important that I find a "client", or identify and explore social patterns. I need to identify the "agents" on site, and go deeper in exploring those networks to see how spatial design can respond. 
- These will inform the next steps I take...

No comments:

Post a Comment